Procedure: Making GIF Colors Transparent.
The alpha channel is the portion of a pixel's information reserved
for transparency information. The following allows you to select which colors
of your image will be rendered transparent. Once you make your choices the "clear"
command will render selected pixels invisible.
- Bring up your image
- Use the magnifying glass to increase its size (as needed).
- Right Click [on image] → Layer → Transparency → Add Alpha Channel
- Right Click → Select → By Color
- Click on a color. [Choose additional colors by holding down Shift and clicking again.]
- Right Click → Edit → Clear
- Right Click → File → Save As... → Save → OK